NMMS Scholarship: The ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme is a Central Sector Scholarship Scheme launched in May 2008 to gives scholarships to exemplary students of classes IX to XII. The scholarship scheme is on-boarded on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
NMMS Scholarship Scheme details: How to Apply NMMS Scholarship step by step, all the details given below check now:
NMMS Scholarship Objective: To Scholarship scheme to meritorious students of financially weaker sections to capture their drop out at class- 8th and urge them to proceed with their examination and complete secondary stage.
NSP NMMS Scholarship Details:
Scheme Coverage: The scheme conceives the award of one lakh new scholarship every year to selected candidates of class IX and their continuation/renewal in classes X to XII for study in a State Government school, Govt.-aided, and Local body schools under the scholarship scheme.
NMMS Scholarship Amount: A measure of Rs. 12000/ – per candidate per annum. The rate of scholarship has been improved from Rs. 6000/ – to Rs. 12000/ – per year with impact from first April 2017.
Also Read: NSP Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
Eligibility to appear in NMMS Test:
- The Candidates whose family annual income from all sources is not more than Rs.1.5 lakhs (INR. 150,000) per annum are eligible to avail of the scholarships.
- The Applicants must have an obtained minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class- 8th exam for appearing in selection test for this scholarship
- for ST, SC students relaxable (by 5% for SC and ST).
- The Applicants should be studying as a regular-mode in a Government, Government-aided school and local body schools.
What is NMMS Scholarship Scheme:
NMMS Selection Process:
- NMMS selection test is conducted at the class-VIII students.
- Each State and UT conducts its own test for the selection of candidates for the scheme of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship.
- A candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria must pass both the tests:- Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Aptitude Test under NMMS with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut-off is 32% marks.
Also Read: Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible, candidates must be –
- The students must be studying in Class- 9th
- Have obtained secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in Class 8 examination (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates)
- candidates’ family annual income of less than INR 1.50 lakh from all sources.
Note: The scholarship scheme is applicable for Class IX students and their continuation/renewal in Class X and XII for Education in State Government/Government-aided/Local body schools.
NMMS Scholarship Important dates:
|NMMS Scholarship open date||26th Aug 2021*|
|Apply Online will starting on||26th Aug 2021*|
|Scholarship Closed date||15th Nov 2021*|
|Institute Verification Last date||15th Dec 2021*|
|Defective Verification Last date||15th Dec 2021*|
How to Apply NMMS Scholarship?
Click on Apply Now button
NMMS Scheme Eligible Students can apply for the scholarship through the following steps.
- Visit the homepage of the NSP Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Now read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
- Select your state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type- (Pre matric for class- 1 to 10th) and (Post Matric for Class- 10th passed students) scholarship scheme, gender, write the student’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide your bank account details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Now Select the Aadhaar card or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Now you will get an OTP for verification.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the online application form.
- Your application ID and password will be generated or you can create a new password to change the password your default password is your D-O-B (01-01-2003) Use that for future references.
How to Apply for NMMS Video Link:
Note: All the students are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made after submitted. The students are also advised to fill in only one application form as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
More Scholarships link given below:
- HDFC Scholarship for Class 6 to Post-graduation
- Keep India Scholarship 2020-21 for College Students
- COVID Support Scholarship for Class 1 to Graduation
- HDFC Scholarship Result 2021-22 Selection Merit List
- Credit Suisse Scholarship for College Students