Important Information & Exam Pattern Of NTA UGC NET
Hello, aspirant are you preparing for the upcoming UGC NET? Then you must know that the exam is just around the corner and your preparation must be in full swing. However, if you feel that your practice is lacking somewhere then this article is a must-read for you. Through this article, we will cover the necessary points related to the exam pattern Further, we will also go through a few important pieces of information related to NET.
The Pattern Of The Upcoming NTA UGC NET
If you are preparing for the upcoming UGC NET then you must recheck the exam pattern to reassure that you do not miss out on any detail.
- The UGC National Eligibility Test 2022 is a computer-based test. Hence, will be conducted in online mode. The paper will be conducted in two sessions, paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1 will be conducted in the first session and paper 2 will be conducted in the second session.
- The question paper will have objective-type questions with four options and one correct answer.
- Questions in Paper 1 will be from teaching and research aptitude and questions in paper 2 will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- The time duration for paper 1 will be 1 hour and for paper 2 it will be 2 hours.
- There will be 50 questions on paper 1 and 100 questions on paper 2.
- All the questions asked in the papers will be compulsory for the candidate to attempt.
- Candidates will be awarded 2 marks for each correct response.
Go through UGC NET environmental sciences syllabus to be prepared for every question from the topic.
The Important Information Related To UGC National Eligibility Test
Go through the points below to understand the UGC NET better. Make sure you read each point thoroughly.
- The UGC stands for National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC). NET is the short form for National Eligibility Test.
- It is an entrance test through which eligible candidates are picked for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship for Colleges/Universities level lectureship.
- Until the June of 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education was conducting the NET. It included 84 subjects and was conducted in 91 cities across the country.
- Thereafter from December 2018 onwards, the National Testing Agency (NTA) is being conducted by the UGC-NET and it included 101 subjects.
- The National Testing Agency conducts NET on the behalf of UGC to decide the eligibility of the aspirants for the posts of Assistant Professor, Junior Research Fellow, or both.
- Candidates who qualify are eligible to apply for jobs in various Indian Universities and Colleges. This exam is one of the oldest eligibility tests in the country.
- Also, NET-qualified candidates are exempted from entrance tests for Ph.D. admissions. However, some universities are exceptions to this rule but they do give weightage to NET- JRF-qualified candidates in the admission process.
- On qualifying JRF, you will also be provided with a research fellowship while your Ph.D.
- The National Testing Agency conducts the UGC-NET twice every year. However, because of COVID-19, the December 2021 UGC-NET was delayed, and the schedule of the June 2022 UGC-NET was delayed.
- To now regularize the UGC-NET examination cycles, the National Testing Agency, with the agreement of UGC, has combined both UGC-NET of December 2021 and June 2022, so that they may be executed together in the Computer-based Tests (CBTs) mode.
Furthermore, go through UGC NET’s previous year’s papers to get an understanding of the level and kind of questions.
Other Important Link: